When you aren’t online, your Twitch banner will take up the majority of your profile’s space on the screen. Creating a visually appealing banner as a part of your Twitch graphics set will give your viewer’s the sense that you want to take your channel to the next level. It can also show potential followers what your channel has to offer at a glance.
Think of your Twitch banner as a billboard to your channel. Keep people interested long enough to check out your profile and perhaps follow you so they can catch you the next time you’re online. Make it relevant, aesthetically pleasing, and keep it on brand.
Our Ranking Process
Here are the things we considered when ranking Twitch Banner designers:
- Customization – when creating a Twitch banner from a template, it is good to have several options to customize your design.
- Price – many new streamers don’t have a lot of extra income. Affordability is key. Some of these programs have free limited versions, allowing you to create graphics without having to worry about how much you will need to spend.
- Branding – make sure it looks like the rest of your branding, such as your overlays and panels for Twitch.
Best Twitch Banner Templates
The following are our picks for the best choices for your Twitch banner upload:
1. Placeit Banner Templates
Placeit has dozens of Twitch templates designed for gamers. You can choose the template you wish, then change the background, colors, logos, text, and anything else about it. You can even move elements around on the screen for further customization.
The platform is so easy, that you can quickly create several graphics that will appeal to your potential audience. With an affordable monthly plan, you can download unlimited thumbnails for your channel.
2. Canva Templates for Twitch Banners
Canva has thousands of templates that you can use to create designs for your Twitch channel. You may be able to find several banner templates that match the overall feel of your channel. The user interface is very easy to learn and there are many customization options.
You can create a free account in minutes and start creating graphics. There are many YouTube tutorials that can help you learn the process and create images that people will appeal to your audience.
3. Fiverr Twitch Banners
Designers on Fiverr can create almost anything. Fiverr is an online freelance marketplace where you can find someone to do almost anything you can think of to commission. If you want a Twitch banner that is entirely custom-designed, you’ll be able to find someone who can create one for you.
Having a banner uniquely designed allows you to ask for special elements that may not be found on other templates, or you can have something very visually appealing created by someone who has an eye for art. With these designs, you’ll be able to keep everything on-brand while offering your viewers professional quality.
4. Snappa Banner Templates
With Snappa, you can start creating graphics for your Twitch channel for free, using any of their Twitch banner templates. They have over 3 million graphics and photos that you can use. You can also upload any of your own branding and graphics to keep things on brand. Their free program allows you to have 3 downloads per month.
The company also has an affordable monthly program that allows you to have unlimited downloads each month. They have templates for YouTube, SoundCloud, and social media sites as well, meaning you can quickly create the custom graphics you need to make your channel stand out.
5. Visuals By Impulse Banner Designs
The designers at Visuals by Impulse are talented. They have an innate understanding of what makes a channel visually appealing. Their graphics team has a good eye for detail and those who are able to work with them are never disappointed.
If you want to work with Visuals by Impulse, it is important that you have a clear idea of what you want. To stay efficient, they work with clients who can be direct and know the overall direction of where their brand is going and how they want it to look.
Custom Orders Through Visuals by Impulse
Visuals by Impulse are happy to take custom orders for emotes and other graphics. After reviewing an order, a manager will get back to you with a quote for an exact price. The company requires you to put up a 50% deposit upfront to start the projects.
You will have 30 days to examine the project and request edits. If a month has passed, they will still edit the image for a small fee.
Which Twitch Banner Maker is Right for You?
There are several things you should consider when looking for the right Twitch banner maker. There are several templates that you can build upon, which can make it difficult to narrow down the options. However, with the right understanding of your brand and content, you should be able to find the best banner maker for you.
Here are the things you should consider:
- Stream branding – base your banner on the graphics and designs of the rest of your channel. Use the same colors and styles to keep everything similar and on point.
- Content – if you exclusively play Dead by Daylight, having a banner that is decorated with rainbow unicorns may not be reflective of your overall brand. Then again, maybe you’re on to something…
- Affordability – especially when you are starting out, it is difficult to shell out money for custom graphics. You will need to weigh the price of the panels to find something that best suits you.
To help you narrow down your options further, we created lists for common searches:
Best FPS Twitch Banners
If the majority of your content revolves around first-person shooters, you may want graphics that show off your passion. Your banner can include many elements of shooters or the colors associated with the game you play (or your brand). Here are the banner makers we recommend:
- Placeit – this platform has several templates that have been designed for shooters. You can build upon them and change several elements to include your own branding, your favorite character, or more.
- Fiverr – if you don’t personally have an eye for design, you can hire a designer from Fiverr, an online marketplace for freelancers.
Best Cute Twitch Banners
Whether you want to showcase your kittens or you love cute designs, your ideal banners will likely be based on pastel colors that have the perfect elements for your brand. Here are our top picks for cute banner makers:
- Snappa – this platform gives you access to thousands of graphics and images that you can use to build the perfect Twitch banner. They have several templates that make it easy to showcase cuteness on your profile.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is a marketplace of graphic designers. There are several artists you can choose from who will be willing to help you create the right banner for your brand.
Best Anime Twitch Banners
If manga banners are your jam, you will need to find a digital artist who can meet your needs. While you can find some anime characters in the public domain, your best bet would be to commission someone who can design the whole banner to your specifications. Here are the platforms we recommend:
- Fiverr – the artists on this platform are affordable and plentiful. You will be able to search through the portfolios of several designers to find the perfect match to meet your needs.
- Visuals by Impulse – these professional designers are very talented in everything they create. If you have a clear direction on what you want in a Twitch banner, you should reach out to them with your pitch.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Twitch Profile Banner?
A Twitch banner will sit on you page behind your channel trailer and recent VoDs when you are offline. Creating one that showcases your brand will help your channel stand apart when viewers happen upon your channel when you are offline.
How Do You Get a Banner for a Twitch Profile?
You can get a Twitch banner by commissioning one from a graphic designer on a platform like Fiverr, building one on a template on a platform like Snappa, or by designing one yourself with GIMP or Adobe Photoshop.
What Should You Put on Your Twitch Banner?
Put elements on your branding on your Twitch banner. Give potential viewers an overall feel for what you content is about and include your social media handles and schedule where it is easily seen at a glance.
How Do You Get Free Banners on Twitch?
If you don’t have a budget for your banner, there are a couple of things you can do. The first is to use a template program, like Snappa, that allows you to create a limited number of graphics on a monthly basis for free. The second is that you can design your own banner in free editing software, such as GIMP.
How Do You Get a Background on Twitch?
To change your background on Twitch, you will need to choose or create a banner, then upload it to your Twitch profile through your Dashboard. Your banner should be designed to match your branding and could include your social media tags and schedule.
How Do I Make a Twitch Banner in Photoshop?
If you are using Adobe Photoshop to create a Twitch banner, you will want to create an image that is 1200x480px. Create your design, export it as a JPG or PNG, then upload it to Twitch’s site.
Twitch banners are an important part of your stream branding. It will keep your channel visually interesting and set you apart from your competition.