When it comes to getting Twitch viewers, the platform itself has very poor discoverability for smaller streamers. Regardless of the quality of your content, unless you have a following elsewhere, it can be difficult to find your audience. Fortunately, there are several ways that you can grow as you learn how to stream on Twitch including carefully choosing your games and finding your audience on other platforms.
This post will cover how you can encourage your current following to help you grow your reach in a matter of days using a Gleam campaign. While it is very unlikely that everyone who interacts with your campaign will become a true community member, you are likely to find a few people who genuinely do want to follow and support you.
What is Gleam?
Gleam is a very powerful tool that helps online brands and content creators increase their reach through competitions and giveaways. With it, you can create a visually appealing widget that invites people to follow and interact with several different platforms and social media accounts, allowing you to grow your fanbase accordingly.
Gleam works similarly to a points system. For each action a user makes, they receive a certain number of points or “entries” into a giveaway pool. Many people will complete each action to give themselves a better chance of receiving the giveaway. While some will leave when the campaign has ended, others will stay and continually enrich your community.
How to Use Gleam to Grow Your Stream
The good news is that you can build a Gleam campaign to grow your Twitch stream for free. The platform gives you several different options for growing your socials and they even use their advanced fraud detection algorithm to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
When creating a campaign, you will be able to add social interactions as well as your Twitch interactions, allowing you to grow your following on multiple platforms at once. This can be an important step as several stream sponsors will look at the activity over several different platforms when deciding whether or not they want to work with you.
Gleam has three different options available specifically for Twitch streamers. The details surrounding these are the following:
- Enter – all the user must do to enter this section of the campaign is to log in with their Twitch account. We recommend giving people 1 point for this interaction.
- Follow – the user will receive entries when they follow your channel. We recommend giving at least 2 points for this interaction as it is a bit more involved than logging on to your account.
- Subscribe – in order for a user to get entries on this metric, they will need to subscribe to your Twitch account.
In addition to Twitch, you should add incentives for all of your social accounts, especially those that show engagements and shares to friends of followers.
Best Strategies for a Twitch Gleam Campaign
Here are some strategies you can use to potentially increase the efficiency of your Gleam campaign:
- Giveaways – try to find a giveaway that would appeal to your specific niche or Twitch category. Whether they are console grips, similar game codes, or a gaming mouse, having an object associated with your campaign will help generate more hype, allowing you to reach new people fairly quickly.
- Extended Period – aim for running your campaign for at least a week. While running it for a month may be too long to maintain hype, having it last for a couple of weeks will give you momentum while keeping people excited.
- Pre-planning – plan ahead of time on how you will run the campaign and how you will promote it. Write out the pitch and have a few people proofread it to make sure it is compelling and the best you can be.
- Promotion – don’t forget to promote your campaign. Mention it on your stream, post it in your Twitch bio, across your socials, and on any YouTube videos you make.
If you are looking for a boost of growth for your brand, running a Gleam campaign is a great way to do it. With many people sharing and interacting with it, you will extend your reach and likely find people who will genuinely enjoy your content and want to join your community for your future endeavors.