The title of your twitch stream is one of the most important parts of your channel. It’s what people see first before they even click on it, and if it doesn’t catch their attention and make them want to watch you then they will likely move on.
The best way to make a good title for your stream is to include some form of interactivity in it like “You callin’ me out?” or “Breaking News: _____”. These titles are engaging because they ask the readers questions that will get them hooked on reading more about your article. If you’re curious about how to write a good stream title to get more viewers you can read our full article here.
Most stream titles will generally remain relevant for the duration of your broadcast, so there’s no need to change it. However, if you’re changing the game you’re playing or simply notice a typo in your title, you’ll be inclined to alter it while live.
In this blog post, I’ll teach you how to change the title of a Twitch Stream so viewers can follow what you’re doing and never miss out on the action!
How to Change the Title of a Twitch Stream
My preferred approach to modify a stream title is to use Twitch directly. Even though you can change your title using Streamlabs or OBS using Twitch is easy and instant.
To title your stream on Twitch, simply:
- First, Login into your Twitch account
- Now, go to your Creator Dashboard by clicking on your profile symbol.
- On the Creator Dashboard, click on Stream Manager.
- Open Stream Manager and go to the right side of the screen. Click on “Edit Stream Info” in the right-hand corner.
- A notification window will open, and in the section labeled “Title.” Here you can modify the stream name to whatever you like.
- After you’ve finished entering the title you desire, click the “Done” button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window, and your modifications will be saved.
Can Mods Change the Title of a Stream?
Yes, a twitch mod for your channel may alter the title, category, audience, tags, and stream language settings. If you’re a moderator with an editor role and need to know how to make these sorts of adjustments, read this short tutorial.
How to Change the Title of a Twitch Stream as a Mod
To modify the title of a Twitch stream as a Mod, follow these steps:
- Go to the Mod View dashboard, by clicking on the mod view button at the bottom section of the chat.
- Click on the edit pencil just below the stream.
- On the pop-up window that comes up click “Broadcast Options.”
- The box at the very top is for the stream’s title, edit that or any of the other sections, and then press done.
- Your Stream Title will now be changed.
Now that we’ve given you all of our tips, if there’s one thing we hope you take away from this post is that titles are essential for getting people interested in watching your content. In a nutshell, the article teaches you how to change your twitch stream title. It also tells you why an effective title is important and what mods can do when they edit the title in real-time. We want to help! If anything still feels unclear or confusing about changing titles on Twitch streams, please feel free to contact us. Our team would be happy to answer any questions.