Worldstudio AIGA Scholarship
The Worldwide AIGA scholarships are handed out to students who are disadvantaged economically and who are interested in going into an artistic or design field.
Their hope is to increase diversity in the creative fields. While it isn’t a requirement that you are a minority in order to qualify for a scholarship, the scholarship jury will pay attention to those who are generally under-represented.
Worldstudio AIGA Scholarship Details
The Wordstudio Foundation has been giving out scholarships since 1995. Their focus is to give financial aid to art students who are in need. They work with peopel who have talent and strong direceting in the field they wish to take.
The scholarship program generally awards funds to 30-50 students per year in the amount of between $2,000 – $3,000. The scholarship jury will generally also hand out a couple of $5,000 awards to their discretion. The awards are split, half being given for the fall semester, and half being given for the spring semester.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must meet the following criteria:
- A student in the United States, and a resident or citizen of the United States
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university full time and planning to stay there for a full academic year
- Majoring in an artistic field such as graphic design, photography, interactive design, fine arts, and advertising art
- Grade point average of 2.0 or higher
Apply for the Worldstudio AIGA Scholarship
To apply for the Worldstudio AIGA Scholarship, you will need to enter the application portal when it opens (generally in February) and fill everything in before April. You will be asked to fill out the following:
- The Worldstudio AIGA application form
- Written essay
- Include 2 recommendation letters
- Include a college acceptance letter