Whether you are looking to become a professional SSB player, hiring a good coach could potentially be an investment in your future. Not only will you be able to improve your game and rise higher in the ranks, but you may also get the opportunity to network with others who are doing the same, potentially joining or forming competitive teams.
If you become skilled enough, you may be able to turn your love for the game into a career, through being an esports athlete, growing a Twitch community centered around gameplay, or becoming a Super Smash Bros. coach yourself.
Best Super Smash Bros Coaching Services
Fiverr SSB Coach
Fiverr is a freelance marketplace where you can find an assortment of services, including affordable game coaching. Each Super Smash Bros coach sets their own price based on their experience. As the platform doesn’t input how prices should be set, you will want to read through several profiles to make sure that you find the best trainer that fits within your budget.
Take the time to read through what each coach typically offers as part of their service as well as any reviews from other customers. Make your selection after you have read through all available information. This way, you have the best chance to find the right coach that will give you the direction you need.
GamerSensei Coaching Services
GamerSensei is a coaching platform that hosts skilled game teachers of all skill levels. Many of the coaches are past esports pros with detailed bios on the site that show their past teams and those that they have coached. You can also see how long they have coached other people in the game. GamerSensei puts their coaches through a 5-stage application process to ensure that they are quality gamers and teachers.
GamerSensei puts their coaches through a 5-stage application process to ensure that they are quality gamers and teachers before they are allowed on the platform. They provides the following experiences:
- One of One coaching – get full attention from one of the best coaches on the market as they go over your gameplay with you and give you tips and techniques that will help you rank to the next level.
- Replay analysis – a sensei can go over your past gameplay and focus on specific areas of weakness to really point out what you could do better.
- Team coaching – trying to grow as a team? Coaches can work with all five of you at the same time to help you find ways to work better together.
You can search through dozens of different choices, though the platform already ranks their top coaches in order. You can view their experience with Super Smash Bros. and similar games, and their overall coaching experience. You will be able to choose a coach based on your needs so that you can get the advice you want. The platform also lists each coach’s qualifications so you know that you can expect great results.
ProGuides Coaching for Super Smash Bros
ProGuides offers both coaching services and courses for Super Smash Bros. When you log onto the site, you’ll be able to browse a list of experienced coaches who are currently available to work with you to improve your game. They have high-ranking players who can coach you in a variety of ways to improve your game, including:
- Playing a game with a pro
- Playing a spectated game
- Replay analysis via a recording
ProGuides also has several SSB courses available to pro members who can learn from being trained by professionals. These can be watched at any time to increase knowledge. These courses are created by professionals who have a lot of experience in the game.
Our Coaching Ranking Process
When reviewing different coaches and platforms, we chose programs through a ranking process. We kept several qualifications in mind as we created this list and will share what we looked for in coaches with you. Here’s the process:
- Credentials – you will want to find someone that has achieved a lot in SSB, both in personal gameplay and in coaching.
- Esports experience – look for a coach who has experience in the esports industry, especially if you are hoping to eventually join the pros. They will bring a different perspective than someone who is merely a high-ranking player-turned-coach.
- Coaching experience – just being a great player doesn’t necessarily mean someone will be a good teacher. You will want to find someone who has coaching experience so that your time with them will be maximized.
- Price – we understand that price is an important factor for many gamers. While the more experienced pros will charge more per hour, we will provide options that are affordable for most Super Smash Bros. fans.
When Should You Get a Super Smash Bros Coach?
There are several reasons why you may want to get a coach while you’re playing Super Smash Bros:
- Plateau – if you have reached a plateau and can’t seem to improve your score, a coach may be able to point out simple things you can work on to improve.
- Bad habits – playing with the same friends over and over could create some bad habits if you get used to a specific style of game or shot-calling. A coach may be able to point out these habits to make you more aware of them so that you can replace them with good habits to build and complete better.
- Improve position – you are likely better at either offense or defense, but both are necessary for this game. Find a Super Smash Bros coach who is willing to work with you with your weaker position so that you can improve and help your team win more rounds.
- Professional aspirations – if you are looking to become a pro esports athlete, regularly working with a professional coach will help you improve your game as well as learn how to find and join a sponsored team. Most coaches who have previously played at an elite level have industry connections.
Super Smash Bros Coaching for Free
If you can’t afford to purchase personalized coaching, but still want to learn to improve your game, you can watch YouTube tutorials or skilled streamers. Here are a few that we recommend:
Useful YouTube channels
- ProGuides – ProGuides has released several videos that will teach you tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay. These guides are free and you can figure out new techniques to get better.
Super Smash Bros has been popular since its initial launch and each version of the game has done quite well. We see a future in this game and growing your skills with a coach could help you enjoy it more in the future.