But how do you come up with questions of the day, which ones are good to use, and how do you set these up for your live streams? This post will help cover the answers to those questions, and more.
What Are Questions of the Day on Twitch?
Questions of the day are a fun way to interact with your community. They are just questions that both you and your audience can respond to get a conversation going, that don’t necessarily have to be about the game you are playing. For every stream, you should set up a new question of the day.
These questions can be about games, but also be about someone’s daily life. Just make sure to not get too personal with any questions that go about real life. The main focus of the questions is to have fun and more interaction but also to get your audience who are watching to come by more often and become more part of your community.
Reasons to Use QOTD on Twitch
You might be wondering why you should use questions of the day in your live streams. I already gave some reasons above, but below will be a list with all of the reasons to use questions of the day.
- Get your viewers to engage with your stream.
- Ask for people’s opinions about things for your streams.
- Get to know more about your viewers.
- Discuss recent topics.
- Get an idea of what people would want to watch in your stream.
- Connect better with your viewers.
Top QOTD Ideas for Your Twitch Stream
To get started with your very own questions of the day, below you can find 25 ideas to use in your streams.
- What song would be your theme song?
- At what point do you consider someone a friend?
- If you could only play games for the rest of your life, what game would you play?
- What is the most horrible food combination you can think of?
- Which movie is the worst, in your opinion?
- What milestone do you hope to hit in your career or life?
- Would you rather be a hero or a villain?
- What’s the most amazing holiday you have had?
- What game or games do you find to be underrated?
- What game or games do you find to be overrated?
- Do you rather play on pc or console?
- What is the worst commercial you have ever seen?
- What is something you were afraid of as a kid but figured out that it either doesn’t exist or isn’t as bad as you expected?
- What is something you are tired of hearing?
- If you had enough money to buy a company, which one would it be?
- What is something you want to tell the rest of the viewers?
- What would your role be in an apocalypse?
- What game world would you want to live in?
- Which video game character would you want to be friends with?
- Which video game achievement do you struggle to get?
- Do you have more friends in real life or online?
- In what game world would you not want to live?
- What is the dumbest way you got injured?
- What amusement park would you still want to visit?
- If you could make a website, what would the topic be?
How to Choose a Good Question of the Day
A good question of the day will generate a lot of responses, maybe even a discussion between your viewers. Also, how you respond to the answers makes it if people find it entertaining to talk and give answers. If you don’t put in time or effort with the questions or if they aren’t interesting enough, you might not get the desired results. Here are some tips on how to choose a good question of the day
Choose Questions Related to your Niche
If you want to share your knowledge of different games or know your audience’s knowledge about then, you can look for questions that have to do with the games you are playing.
Decide if you want open or closed questions
Decide if you want to get a long answer from your viewers or a short one. Then based on that, choose your questions. If you want to get the conversation going, use so-called open questions, these start with “what, where, who, why, when, or how.” If you would rather have your audience be short and quick, then “would you rather” questions are the next best type of questions.
Avoid controversial topics
If you pick topics that could be considered controversial, you might receive arguments in your chat. These questions can cause a person to feel uncomfortable. You might receive harassment or fights might break out. Even if you have moderators that take care of this, it’s not something you would want in your chat in general.
How to Come Up With a Good QOTD of Your Own
If you want to come up with your own question of the day, you have to think about what direction you want to go in. Do you want to talk about your stream or would you rather know more about the real life of your viewers? You can also talk more about games in general or the specific game you are playing at the time.
Make sure that the questions you are asking are also answers you would want to know. They need to be interesting, exciting, and fun for everyone and not cause any discomfort with you or your audiences, but don’t let this discourage or make you worry about the questions you want to ask, as you can always lead the conversation to something else and you then know to not use the question again.
How to Add QOTD to Your Stream
Once you have decided which question you want to use for your stream, you just need to make sure to add the QOTD to your channel. All you need to do is use a chatbot.
You then have to decide if you want it to be as a timer or as a command. Most streamers use a command in their chat for their community. Otherwise, it might end up becoming spam if there aren’t a lot of users. To do so, you have to follow the next steps.
Open the dashboard of the chatbot you are using. For this example, I am using OWN3D Pro.
In the side panel, go to chatbot.
Click on commands.
To add a new chat command, click “add command.”
A screen will pop up. All you have to do is type the command you want users to use to have the question of the day show up. You will also have to type in the response you want the chatbot to give. In this case it’s the question of the day you want to have.
If you wish to change the question, follow steps 1 to 3 and then click on the pen to edit, and then follow steps 5 and 6 again to make sure your question gets updated.
Now you know how to make fun questions to get a fun answer from your audience and how to set up a chatbot so viewers can give an answer to the questions you have made.
Keeping the questions interesting and your audiences interested can improve your viewership and make your stream more awesome.