Hiring a Starcraft 2 coach could potentially be an investment in your future as the starting point to get into the esports industry. Not only will you be able to improve your game and climb the ranks, but you might meet others who are doing the same, potentially joining or forming competitive teams.
If you become skilled enough at the game, you may be able to turn your love for Starcraft into a career, through being an esports athlete, growing a Twitch community centered around gameplay, or becoming a MOBA coach yourself.
Our Starcraft II Coach Ranking Process
When reviewing different coaches and platforms, we chose programs through a ranking process. We kept several qualifications in mind as we created this list and will share what we looked for in coaches with you. Here’s the process:
- Credentials – you will want to find someone that has achieved a lot in Starcraft, both in personal gameplay and in coaching.
- Esports Experience – look for a coach who has experience in the esports industry, especially if you are hoping to eventually join the pros. They will bring a different perspective than someone who is merely a high-ranking player-turned-coach.
- Coaching Experience – just being a great player doesn’t necessarily mean someone will be a good teacher. You will want to find someone who has coaching experience so that your time with them will be maximized.
- Price – we understand that price is an important factor for many gamers. While the more experienced pros will charge more per hour, we will provide options that are affordable for most Starcraft 2 fans.
Best Starcraft 2 Coaching Services
GamerSensei hosts many coaches of all skill levels. Each coach has to go through a 5-stage application process to prove that they are good at their game and can coach people properly. You can search through esports pros based on their past teams and those that they have coached as well as how long they have been teaching.
GamerSensei provides the following experiences:
- One of One coaching – get full attention from one of the best coaches on the market as they go over your gameplay with you and give you tips and techniques that will help you rank to the next level.
- Replay analysis – a sensei can go over your past gameplay and focus on specific areas of weakness to really point out what you could do better.
- Team coaching – trying to grow as a team? Coaches can work with all five of you at the same time to help you find ways to work better together.
You can search through dozens of different choices, though the platform already ranks their top coaches in order. You can find high-level help in all ranks and for every role in the game to ensure you are getting the best advice available. The platform also lists each coach’s qualifications so you know that you can expect great results.
Fiverr is a platform that hosts freelancers in a variety of fields. Each Starcraft II coach will have their own level of experience and price, so you should be able to find an affordable trainer that fits within your budget.
You will want to read through their proposal as well as any reviews from other customers before you make your selection to ensure that you find a coach that will be the right fit for you.
Gramno‘s coaches can help you move from the bottom 80% of Starcraft players by showing you ways you can improve your game. Their prices are reasonable and their coaches can help you reach your gaming goals.
Their coaches will give you a one-on-one analysis of your gameplay so that you can see the areas you need to work on to improve. They will also make sure that you fully understand the concepts of the game so that you can grow on the game and become a better player.
When Should You Get a Starcraft 2 Coach?
There are several reasons why you may want to get a coach while you’re playing Starcraft:
- Plateau – if you have reached a plateau and can’t seem to improve your game or rank, a coach may be able to point out simple things you can work on to improve.
- Bad habits – playing with the same friends over and over could create some bad habits if you get used to a specific style of game or shot-calling. A coach may be able to point out these habits to make you more aware of them so that you can replace them with good habits.
- Changing roles – learning new roles can feel like a setback when you first start. A good coach will help you improve in the new role at a faster rate to keep you on track and improving overall.
- Professional aspirations – if you are looking to become a pro esports athlete, regularly working with a professional coach will help you improve your game as well as learn how to find and join a sponsored team. Most coaches who have previously played at an elite level have industry connections.
Starcraft II Coaching for Free
If you can’t afford to purchase personalized coaching, but still want to learn to improve your game, you can watch YouTube tutorials or skilled streamers. Here are a few that we recommend:
Useful YouTube Channels
Here are two YouTube channels that will help you learn the game and keep up with current patches and metas:
- WinterStarcraft – with dozens of videos ranging from tutorials to challenges, you will be able to see the game from several different perspectives.
- SC2 Journey – with challenges and compilations, you will be able to find the best combos that work in your favor.
Pro streamers to watch
You can also find great player on Twitch:
- LowkoTv – has a great personality and understands Starcraft on a god-tier level. Often goes over several things about the game or will talk through different actions within the game.
- ESL_SC2 – watch professional gameplay with fantastic commentating, allowing you to learn directly from the best players in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Starcraft 2 Coaches Make?
Starcraft II coaches make anywhere from $10 –$120 per hour depending on their qualifications, mastery of various roles, and participation and achievements in the competitive scene. Most work on a contract basis coaching individual players or small, private groups.
How Much Does Starcraft II Coaching Cost?
Starcraft II coaching is generally purchased in hourly blocks ranging from $10 right up to $120 per hour depending on the qualifications of the coach. Purchasing multiple lessons at once will often be cheaper depending on the coaching platform.
How Do I Become A Starcraft 2 Coach?
To become a Starcraft 2 coach, you will need to have strong experience in the game, understand the various roles, and strong communication skills. You may also need to provide information about your participation and achievements in the competitive scene. If you meet these requirements you can apply on a platform like Gamer Sensei or freelance on a marketplace like Fiverr.
Since its release over a decade ago, Starcraft 2 has remained popular in esports and we still see a future in this game. Working your way to the top could potentially land you a gig with a team or help you grow a channel on Twitch, YouTube Gaming, or Facebook Gaming.