Hiring a Smite coach can really help you improve your game and help you climb the ranks. Over time, you could make your way to the esports industry by improving your gameplay. You may also get the opportunity to network with others who are doing the same, potentially joining or forming competitive teams.
If you become skilled enough at the game, you may be able to turn your love for Smite into a career, through being an esports athlete, growing a Twitch community centered around gameplay, or becoming a Smite coach yourself.
Our Coaching Ranking Process
When reviewing different coaches and platforms, we chose programs through a ranking process. We kept several qualifications in mind as we created this list and will share what we looked for in coaches with you. Here’s the process:
- Credentials – you will want to find someone that has achieved a lot in Smite, both in personal gameplay and in coaching.
- Esports experience – look for a coach who has experience in the esports industry, especially if you are hoping to eventually join the pros. They will bring a different perspective than someone who is merely a high-ranking player-turned-coach.
- Coaching experience – just being a great player doesn’t necessarily mean someone will be a good teacher. You will want to find someone who has coaching experience so that your time with them will be maximized.
- Price – we understand that price is an important factor for many gamers. While the more experienced pros will charge more per hour, we will provide options that are affordable for most Smite fans.
Best Smite Coaching Services
GamerSensei is a coaching platform that hosts skilled game teachers of all skill levels. Many of the coaches are past esports pros with detailed bios on the site that show their past teams and those that they have coached. You can also see how long they have coached other people in the game. GamerSensei puts their coaches through a 5-stage application process to ensure that they are quality gamers and teachers.
GamerSensei provides the following experiences:
- One of One coaching – get full attention from one of the best coaches on the market as they go over your gameplay with you and give you tips and techniques that will help you rank to the next level.
- Replay analysis – a sensei can go over your past gameplay and focus on specific areas of weakness to really point out what you could do better.
- Team coaching – trying to grow as a team? Coaches can work with all five of you at the same time to help you find ways to work better together.
You can search through dozens of different choices, though the platform already ranks their top coaches in order. You can view their Smite win rate, the number of wins, and how many finals and tournaments they have ranked. You will be able to choose a coach that will give you the best advice available. The platform also lists each coach’s qualifications so you know that you can expect great results.
If you are looking for affordable coaching, check out Fiverr. It is an online freelance marketplace for people who want to offer services in a variety of fields. Each Smite coach will have their own level of experience and price, so you should be able to find a trainer that fits within your budget.
Take the time to read through what each coach typically offers as part of their service as well as any reviews from other customers. You will want to have all available information before you make your selection to ensure that you find a coach that will give you the direction you need.
When Should You Get a Smite Coach?
There are several reasons why you may want to get a coach while you’re playing Smite:
- Plateau – if you have reached a plateau and can’t seem to improve your game, a coach may be able to point out simple things you can work on to improve.
- Bad habits – playing with the same squad over and over could create some bad habits if you get used to a specific style of game or shot-calling. A coach may be able to point out these habits to make you more aware of them so that you can replace them with good habits to build and make it to the end game more often.
- Improve specifics – if you struggle with a specific aspect of the game (such as the beginning push or what to buy before each round), you can look for a coach who specializes in it. Learning any new skill can be a difficult task and some coaching sessions could prevent a drop in rank.
- Professional aspirations – if you are looking to become a pro esports athlete, regularly working with a professional coach will help you improve your game as well as learn how to find and join a sponsored team. Most coaches who have previously played at an elite level have industry connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Smite Coaches Make?
Smite coaches make anywhere from $10 – $30 per hour depending on their qualifications, experience, and past tournament placings. Most work on a contract basis coaching individual players in private lessons.
How Do I Become A Smite Coach?
To become a Smite coach you need a strong resume listing overall wins, win percentage, and your experience on the competitive scene. If you meet these requirements you can apply on a platform like Gamer Sensei or freelance on a marketplace like Fiverr.
Who is the Best Smite Coach?
While there is no overall best coach the most successful coaches are generally those with the most coaching experience and an esports background. A gifted player doesn’t necessarily make a great teacher so pay attention to the reviews and find a coach that specializes in the areas of the game you most want to improve.
How do You Train Like a Pro in Smite?
While there is no clear path to success one of the best ways to train like a pro is to rack up a lot of game time and surround yourself with other highly skilled players and invest in coaching services to improve your skillset. Watching professional Smite players on stream is also a great way to pick up tips and training methods.
Smite has seen some of the greatest successes since its launch. It has remained popular since its release and we still see a future in this game. Working your way to the top could potentially land you a gig with a team or help you grow a channel on Twitch, YouTube Gaming, or Facebook Gaming.