Nightbot chatbot commands are an invaluable tool guaranteed to increase interactions with your viewers during your streams. They’ll also streamline some processes and make life easier for viewers and mod alike. This post will cover some of the most common Nightbot commands and how to make some of your own.
Nightbot Mod Commands
No one has it harder than stream mods. Besides just keeping an eye on the chat, they’ll need to be ready for anything. Title changes, posting polls, adding tags, they’ll do it all and Nightbot commands will help take some of that weight off their shoulders.
- !title – Will post the title of the stream in the chat. Can also be used to change the title
- !title New Title – Will change the stream title to whatever you type in for New Title
- !marker – Creates a marker in the stream. Makes it easier to go back and clip later
- !filters – Gives mods control of the Nightbot spam filters menu.
- !songs – Gives you full access to AutoDJ song que. Some additional controls below
- !songs current – Displays current song playing in chat
- !songs list – Gives link to full song list for channel
- !songs skip – Skips the current song
- !poll – creates a straw poll for users to vote in
- Ex: !poll new Best DBZ Villain | Buu | Cell | Freeza
Best Nightbot Chat Commands
Below are a few of my personal favorite commands to use while streaming.
- !command – Gives a link with all active commands for the channel. Great for if you’re forgetful.
- !tags – Gives streamers the ability to change tags on the fly
- Ex: !tags pvp will add the pvp tag to your stream
- !regular – a quick way to add the “regular’ roll to one of your constant viewers.
- !discord – Gives a link to my channel’s Discord server
- This is a custom command (more on how to add those, below)
- !youtube – Gives a link to my YouTube Channel
- You should really have one for each social. Just in case viewers don’t feel like checking out your about section.
- !bracket – I host tournaments monthly. This command gives viewers a link to the tournament’s bracket.
- If you have something viewers will need to reference, but it’s not constantly on your stream, a similar command may work for you.
- !poll – Great way to create some interaction and get a conversation going
- Cell is the best DBZ villain by the way.
- !winner – Randomly picks a winner from your viewers
- The fastest way to complete a prize drawing without messing with the contest page on the Nightbot site.
- !marker – It creates a marker on the stream for when you go back to make a clip. You’ll love past you for using this one.
- !dumbbot – See below. In my first stream using Nightbot, I had the filter settings set way too high. Chat quickly became a sea of deleted messages and Big Brother Nightbot making his presence known. After that stream, I adjusted the filters and created this command. Now anytime Nightbot gets a little too pushy anyone in chat can call him out on it. Just a reminder for you to find fun ways to interact with Nightbot.
How to Make Custom Nightbot Commands
To create your own custom Nightbot commands, complete the following:
From the Nightbot Dashboard click the ‘Commands’ dropdown on the left and select ‘Custom.’
From the Custom Command page click the blue “+Add Command” button.
In the new window, select the following:
- Title – Make it something easy to remember
- Message – What will chat see when putting this command in? Avoid a big wall of text.
- Userlevel – Who can use this? Everyone? Mods? Just you?
- Cooldown – After use, how long must chat wait before a command can be used again?
- Alias – Are there more variables that need to be added to this command?
Click the blue ‘Submit’ button and test the command in your Twitch chat.
Nightbot commands make life easier for everyone involved. They’re great shortcuts to help get more done and a great way to increase interaction with your viewers. What’s your favorite Nightbot command?