Moobot is a great tool for stream moderation and rewarding viewer loyalty. Just like other Twitch Chatbots, Moobot has numerous useful commands that will make life easier for you and your mods. THis post will cover some common Moobot commands and how to implement them in your stream.
Moobot Mod Commands
Chat can be a hot mess. The commands below can make it a little less messier for your moderators.
- !AddCommand – Add a command function via the chat.
- !EditCommand – Edit the text for a pre-existing command directly from chat.
- !Title – Change the title of the current stream.
- !Shoutout – Give recognition to viewer/streamer during your stream
- !Rules – Custom command, returns rules for the chat.
Best Moobot Chat Commands
Below is a list of some additional commands you may find useful in Moobot.
- !Discord – Returns link to your personal stream’s Discord channel.
- Set up similar custom commands for all of your socials.
- !Setup – Returns a link to your setup (GPU, CPU, other equipment).
- !Game – Returns the title of the game you are currently playing.
- !Uptime – Returns the current runtime of the stream
- !Lastseen – Returns the last time a viewer watched a stream.
- !WatchTime – Let viewers know how long they’ve watched their streams
- !Commands – Returns a list of active commands.
- !8Ball – Have your viewers consult the Magic 8-Ball with a question.
- !Roulette – Viewers can test their luck with Moobot. The few unlucky will get a limited ban in chat.
- !Seppuku – Gives viewers an honorable time-out in the chat.
How to Make Custom Moobot Commands
To create you own custom commands with Moobot, you will need to complete the following intstructions:
Step 1: Open the Moobot dashboard and run your mouse over the ! menu. Select the Custom Command from the “Command” pop-up window.
Step 2: Go to the bottom of the new window and type in the name for your new command. Once you’ve selected a name click the “Create” button.
Step 3: In the next window click “Show Advanced Options.”
Step 4: In the response window, type in the text you would like to appear in chat. Moobot will give you functions that you can add to the text.
Step 5: From the same window you can adjust timers, permissions, and expirations.
Step 6: Once all settings are adjusted to your liking, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the window. (step by step instructions, use Step 1, Step 2, etc).
The final result will work however you wish, whether you want to send people to your Discord or tell them about an upcoming event.
Just like the commands in any other Twitch Chatbot, Moobot looks to make life easier for everyone involved. Moobot looks to add a little fun though, with some mini-game commands, such as !8ball. What is your favorite Moobot command?