Moobot Mod Commands
Chat can be a hot mess. The commands below can make it a little less messier for your moderators.
- !AddCommand – Add a command function via the chat.
- !EditCommand – Edit the text for a pre-existing command directly from chat.
- !Commands – Shows all the commands available for the chat.
- !Title – Change the title of the current stream.
- !Shoutout – Give recognition to the viewer/streamer during your stream
- !Rules – Custom command returns rules for the chat.
- !Join – Adds Moobot to your channel’s chat.
- !Remove – This removes Moobot from the stream chat.
Best Moobot Chat Commands
Below is a list of some additional commands you may find useful in Moobot.
- !Discord – Returns link to your personal stream’s Discord channel.
- Set up similar custom commands for all of your socials.
- !Setup – Returns a link to your setup (GPU, CPU, other equipment).
- !Game – Returns the title of the game you are currently playing.
- !Uptime – Returns the current runtime of the stream
- !Lastseen – Returns the last time a viewer watched a stream.
- !WatchTime – Let viewers know how long they’ve watched their streams.
- !Title – Change your stream’s title with this command.
- !Commands – Returns a list of active commands.
- !8Ball – Have your viewers consult the Magic 8-Ball with a question.
- !Roulette – Viewers can test their luck with Moobot. The few unlucky will get a limited ban in chat.
- !Seppuku – Gives viewers an honorable time-out in the chat.
How to Make Custom Moobot Commands
To create your own custom commands with Moobot, you will need to complete the following instructions:
Open the Moobot dashboard and run your mouse over the “!” menu. Select the Custom Command from the “Command” pop-up window.
Go to the bottom of the new window and type in the name of your new command. Once you’ve selected a name, click the “Create” button.
In the next window, click “Show Advanced Options.”
In the response window, type in the text you would like to appear in chat. Moobot will give you functions that you can add to the text.
From the same window, you can adjust timers, permissions, and expirations.
Once all settings are adjusted to your liking, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the window. (step-by-step instructions, use Step 1, Step 2, etc).
The final result will work however you wish, whether you want to send people to your Discord or tell them about an upcoming event.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Moobot Do?
Moobot functions as a Twitch moderator. It is able to execute commands automatically while you stream. This way, you can focus on streaming and leave basic admin tasks to Moobot. Apart from functioning as a command bot, Moobot can also moderate your stream chat. This keeps your chat free from spammers and enjoyable for your viewers.
Can Mods Use Moobot?
You can allow your mods to access and use Moobot. To do so, open settings on your Moobot dashboard. Open “Permissions” and look for “Add an Editor.” Type in the mod’s username. Apply and approve these changes.
Just like the commands in any other Twitch Chatbot, Moobot looks to make life easier for everyone involved. Moobot looks to add a little fun, though, with some mini-game commands, such as !8ball. What is your favorite Moobot command?