Hiring a League of Legends coach could potentially be an investment in your future as the starting point to get into the esports industry. Not only will you be able to improve your game and rise higher in the ranks, but you may also get the opportunity to network with others who are doing the same, potentially joining or forming competitive teams.
If you become skilled enough at the game, you may be able to turn your love for League into a career, through being an esports athlete, growing a Twitch community centered around gameplay, or becoming a LoL coach yourself.
Best League of Legends Coaching Services
Fiverr League of Legends Coach
Fiverr is an online platform for freelancers that offer services in a variety of fields, including game coaching. Every LoL coach on Fiverr will have their own level of experience and price. Look through each listing to find an affordable trainer that fits within your budget and will give you the training you need.
You will want to read through what they typically offer as part of their service as well as any reviews from other customers before you make your selection to ensure that you find the perfect coach that can help take you to the next level of your gameplay.
GamerSensei Coaching Services
GamerSensei is a coaching platform that hosts skilled game teachers of all skill levels. Many of the coaches are past esports pros with detailed bios on the site that show their past teams and those that they have coached. You can also see how long they have coached other people in the game. GamerSensei puts their coaches through a 5-stage application process to ensure that they are quality gamers and teachers.
GamerSensei provides the following experiences:
- One of One coaching – get full attention from one of the best coaches on the market as they go over your gameplay with you and give you tips and techniques that will help you rank to the next level.
- Replay analysis – a sensei can go over your past gameplay and focus on specific areas of weakness to really point out what you could do better.
- Team coaching – trying to grow as a team? Coaches can work with all five of you at the same time to help you find ways to work better together.
You can search through dozens of different choices, though the platform already ranks their top coaches in order. You can find Challenger-level help in all ranks and for every role and champion to ensure you are getting the best advice available. The platform also lists each coach’s qualifications so you know that you can expect great results.
ProGuides Coaching for LoL
ProGuides offers both coaching services and courses for League of Legends. You can log on at any time and find a list of coaches who are currently available to work with you to improve your game. They have high-ranking players from Master to Challengers who can coach you in a variety of ways, including:
- Playing a game with a pro
- Playing a spectated game
- Replay analysis via a recording
- Challenge 1v1 with a pro
The company also has several courses available to pro members who can learn from being trained by professionals.
Better Gamer allows you to sort through coaches based on their primary skill levels. Knowing what you need to work on in-game will help you find the best coach for your particular needs. Some may be able to help you with early tactics or building, while others can teach you to keep your cool during the end game.
On individual profile pages, you can see when the coach is next available, look through reviews, read their bio, and even send them a message to learn more about their services or technique. Prices will vary from coach to coach depending on their level of gameplay and their coaching experience. The platform also gives you coins through their loyalty system which you can combine with coupon codes to make their service even more affordable.
LoL Coach Academy
LoL Coach Academy is a newer coaching platform but has an interesting look at the world of League coaching. If this alternative method appeals to you, you will want to check out their website for more information.
The platform offers 4 different kinds of coaching:
- Climbing action plan – this detailed method will help you set improvement goals that will allow you to continually climb through the ranks as you improve.
- Profile review – your profile can actually give you insight on what areas of your game you need to improve, allowing you to focus most of your energy on those areas.
- Live-game coaching – coaching while you play live.
- VoD reviews – coaching past videos of your gameplay.
If you prefer to learn through stats and analytics, you may enjoy this coaching style.
LoL Master Classes
Whether you are new to League of Legends or just want to improve your game, you can get access to master classes taught by some of the world’s best players through GamerzClass. Many gamers have already taken advantage of some of the knowledge dropped covering strategies, tricks, and techniques that can improve your gameplay fast. They have both free and premium courses available.
Climb the ranks that much faster. The platform also has some exciting features ahead, including coaching and exclusive LoL communities.
When Should You Get a LoL Coach?
There are several reasons why you may want to get a coach while you’re playing League of Legends:
- Plateau – if you have reached a plateau and can’t seem to improve your game or rank, a coach may be able to point out simple things you can work on to improve.
- Bad habits – playing with the same friends over and over could create some bad habits if you get used to a specific style of game or shot-calling. A coach may be able to point out these habits to make you more aware of them so that you can replace them with good habits to build and extend your advantages in lane.
- Changing roles – if you have mained as a midlaner for several seasons, but want to switch your role to jungler, you could hire a coach that specializes in the position to help your transition. Maintaining your Elo in a new role is a difficult task and some coaching sessions could prevent a drop in rank.
- Learning new champions – if you want to learn a new champion, you could hire the best coach for that particular champion. They will be able to show you the ropes and get you started off on the right foot.
- Professional aspirations – if you are looking to become a pro esports athlete, regularly working with a professional coach will help you improve your game as well as learn how to find and join a sponsored team. Most coaches who have previously played at an elite level have industry connections.
League of Legends Coaching for Free
If you can’t afford to purchase personalized coaching, but still want to learn to improve your game, you can watch YouTube tutorials or skilled streamers. Here are a few that we recommend:
Useful YouTube channels
- Foggedftw2 – not only is he a coach (ranging in the $1000 ballpark), he also has a YouTube channel and a Twitch profile. Professor Akali created a YouTube video showing his coaching style. The good news is, you can pick up useful information by watching his content. While it won’t be one-on-one coaching, there is still a lot to learn from an expert.
- ProGuides – not only do they have a website with courses, but they also have a YouTube channel that covers many of the best basics for learning how to play League of Legends.
- LoL Analyst – while this is a relatively new YouTube channel, the content is good and you can learn several new tricks and tips.
Pro streamers to watch
- Sneakylol – Sneakylol is an ex-professional League player who streams on Twitch now. He was a member of one of the best NA teams on the scene and will often point out tips while he plays.
- PicklePantslol – PicklePantslol is a writer for Mobalytics and streams on the side. He is very happy to answer questions related to League of Legends.
- RATIRL – RATIRL streams League regularly at the Challenger level. If you want to tune in to see him, you’ll be able to learn a substantial amount just by watching a master at work.
Community Discords and Forums to Ask League of Legends Questions
- LoL Fundamentals – a Discord channel with coaching available where people are passionate about League.
- League of Legends Coaching Subreddit – this Subreddit is filled with people who want to coach others playing LoL.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do League of Legends Coaches Make?
League of Legends coaches make anywhere from $10 –$170 per hour depending on their qualifications, mastery of various roles, and participation and achievements in the competitive scene. Most work on a contract basis coaching individual players or small, private groups.
How Much Does League Coaching Cost?
League of Legends coaching is generally purchased in hourly blocks ranging from $10 right up to $170 per hour depending on the qualifications of the coach. Purchasing multiple lessons at once will often be cheaper depending on the coaching platform.
How Do I Become A League of Legends Coach?
To become a League of Legends coach you need a strong resume listing current and best ranking, experience in various roles, and your participation and achievements in the competitive scene. If you meet these requirements you can apply on a platform like Gamer Sensei or freelance on a marketplace like Fiverr.
Our LoL Coach Ranking Process
When reviewing different coaches and platforms, we chose programs through a ranking process. We kept several qualifications in mind as we created this list and will share what we looked for in coaches with you. Here’s the process:
- Credentials – you will want to find someone that has achieved a lot in League of Legends, both in personal gameplay and in coaching.
- Esports Experience – look for a coach who has experience in the esports industry, especially if you are hoping to eventually join the pros. They will bring a different perspective than someone who is merely a high-ranking player-turned-coach.
- Coaching Experience – just being a great player doesn’t necessarily mean someone will be a good teacher. You will want to find someone who has coaching experience so that your time with them will be maximized.
- Price – we understand that price is an important factor for many gamers. While the more experienced pros will charge more per hour, we will provide options that are affordable for most League of Legends fans.
League of Legends has remained popular for years and we still see a future in this game. Working your way to the top could potentially land you a gig with a team or help you grow a channel on Twitch, YouTube Gaming, or Facebook Gaming.