How to Flip Your Camera in XSplit Broadcaster
Here is how you can get a mirrored image on XSplit Broadcaster.
1. Launch XSplit Broadcaster.
2. Make sure that your webcam is displayed correctly on your screen
3. If you need to add a webcam, click the “Add Source” option below the source box and select a new device from the pop-up menu.
4. Right click on the webcam source in the source box to open the settings.
5. Click the “Layout” tab at the top of the settings box.
6. Under the heading “2D/3D Transform,” choose the second option next to the word “Flip”
7. Your image should now be mirrored to you. Any lettering (like those on my shirt) will be flipped as well.
How to Flip Your Camera in XSplit Gamecaster
1. Launch XSplit Gamecaster.
2. Make sure that your camera is added by clicking the camera icon in the lower left-hand corner.
3. Hover over the screen so that you can press the “Edit Scene” button.
4. Find the webcam settings on the left-hand side of the screen, then click the box next to “Flip Y.”
5. Your webcam should now be flipped. Note that the lettering on my shirt is mirrored. The same will happen for everything on your screen.
Is the Mirrored Display the “Correct” Display?
Stream yourself in the way that you feel most comfortable. If you frequently look at yourself on stream and react better if it is a mirrored version, broadcast yourself in that way. Take note, however, that if someone were sitting across from you, they would see the “unflipped” or “unmirrored” version of you.
If you choose to flip your camera into a mirrored position, take care to not wear shirts with writing on it or hold up anything with writing on stream. The letters will be displayed backward, which could potentially annoy a few viewers.