Heroes of the Storm has had a strong fan base since its launch. While other MOBAs have surpassed it in popularity, you will still find many players wanting to grow and grind in the game. If you want to get ahead, you can hire a HOTS coach.
If you become skilled enough at the game, you may be able to turn your love for MOBAs into a career, through being an esports athlete, growing a Twitch community centered around gameplay, or becoming a Heroes of the Storm coach yourself.
Our HOTS Coach Ranking Process
When reviewing different coaches and platforms, we chose programs through a ranking process. We kept several qualifications in mind as we created this list and will share what we looked for in coaches with you. Here’s the process:
- Credentials – you will want to find someone that has achieved a lot in HOTS, both in personal gameplay and in coaching.
- Esports Experience – look for a coach who has experience in the esports industry, especially if you are hoping to eventually join the pros. They will bring a different perspective than someone who is merely a high-ranking player-turned-coach.
- Coaching Experience – just being a great player doesn’t necessarily mean someone will be a good teacher. You will want to find someone who has coaching experience so that your time with them will be maximized.
- Price – we understand that price is an important factor for many gamers. While the more experienced pros will charge more per hour, we will provide options that are affordable for most Heroes of the Storm fans.
Best Heroes of the Storm Coaching Services
GamerSensei hosts many coaches of all skill levels. Each MOBA coach has to go through a 5-stage application process to prove that they are good at their game and can coach people properly. You can easily search through esports pros based on their past teams and those that they have coached as well as how long they have been teaching.
GamerSensei provides the following experiences:
- One of One coaching – get full attention from one of the best coaches on the market as they go over your gameplay with you and give you tips and techniques that will help you rank to the next level.
- Replay analysis – a sensei can go over your past gameplay and focus on specific areas of weakness to really point out what you could do better.
- Team coaching – trying to grow as a team? Coaches can work with all five of you at the same time to help you find ways to work better together.
You can search through dozens of different choices, though the platform already ranks their top coaches in order. You can find high-level help in all ranks and for every role in the game to ensure you are getting the best advice available. The platform also lists each coach’s qualifications so you know that you can expect great results.
Fiverr is a platform that hosts freelancers in a variety of fields. Each Heroes of the Storm coach will have their own level of experience and price, so you should be able to find an affordable trainer that fits within your budget.
You will want to read through their proposal as well as any reviews from other customers before you make your selection to ensure that you find a coach that will be the right fit for you.
Gramno‘s coaches can help you move from the bottom 80% of HOTS players by showing you ways you can improve your game. Their prices are reasonable and their coaches can help you reach your gaming goals.
Their coaches will give you a one-on-one analysis of your gameplay so that you can see the areas you need to work on to improve. They will also make sure that you fully understand the concepts of the game so that you can grow on the game and become a better player.
With Boosting Factory, you will be able to look through a few coaches to find the help you need to improve your HOTS game. You can use filters to narrow down the search options for a more individualized planning system. Not everyone needs the same help as some may need help with the overall game, and others will need something more individual.
When searching through coaches, you will be able to read their bios and what they have achieved in the Heroes of the Storm. You will also be able to view their overall experience with coaching. You will also be able to see who their main agents are to narrow down people who can give you the help you need. There are also posted reviews to help you sort through options.
When Should You Get a HOTS Coach?
There are several reasons why you may want to get a coach while you’re playing Heroes of the Storm:
- Plateau – if you have reached a plateau and can’t seem to improve your game or rank, a coach may be able to point out simple things you can work on to improve.
- Bad habits – playing with the same friends over and over could create some bad habits if you get used to a specific style of game or shot-calling. A coach may be able to point out these habits to make you more aware of them so that you can replace them with good habits.
- Changing roles – learning new roles can feel like a setback when you first start. A good coach will help you improve in the new role at a faster rate to keep you on track and improving overall.
- Professional aspirations – if you are looking to become a pro esports athlete, regularly working with a professional coach will help you improve your game as well as learn how to find and join a sponsored team. Most coaches who have previously played at an elite level have industry connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do HOTS Coaches Make?
HOTS coaches make anywhere from $10 –$30 per hour depending on their qualifications, mastery of various roles, and participation and achievements in the competitive scene. Most work on a contract basis coaching individual players or small, private groups.
How Much Does Heroes of the Storm Coaching Cost?
Heroes of the Storm coaching is generally purchased in hourly blocks ranging from $10 right up to $30 per hour depending on the qualifications of the coach. Purchasing multiple lessons at once will often be cheaper depending on the coaching platform.
How Do I Become A HOTS Coach?
To become a Heroes of the Storm coach, you will need to have strong experience in the game, understand the various roles, and strong communication skills. You may also need to provide information about your participation and achievements in the competitive scene. If you meet these requirements you can apply on a platform like Gamer Sensei or freelance on a marketplace like Fiverr.
Since its release over a decade ago, HOTS has remained popular in the gaming world, though it has gone down a bit. Working your way to the top could potentially land you a gig with a team or help you grow a channel on Twitch, YouTube Gaming, or Facebook Gaming.