People around the world have been connected through the world of gaming. Crossplay games give friends the opportunity to play together even if they don’t use the same type of device. Games that are cross platform can be played across multiple hardware, giving you more options on how to play together.
What is a Cross-Platform Game?
A cross-platform or crossplay game is a video game that can be played with others even if each user is using different hardware. This means that a player using a PC can potentially play with a friend who is using an Xbox. These include being played across computers, platforms, and mobile devices.
Should You Stream Crossplay Games?
Cross-platform games can be some of the best games to stream on Twitch. As a streamer, consider playing games with your viewer base. A lot of viewers may only have one or a few games on a single platform. Playing with viewers will bring a better experience/content to both you and your viewers.
Free Cross-Platform Games
Several crossplay games are free to play. These include:
- Fantasy Strike
- Paladins: Champion of the Realm
- War Thunder
- World of Warships
Crossplay Games List
Here is a list of some games that offer “true crossplay” with few issues other than creating an account. Details about how to connect with your friends is listed below the chart.
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||X||X||X|
|Call of Duty: Warzone||X||X||X|
|Dead by Daylight||X||X||X||X|
|Minecraft: Bedrock Edition||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Need for Speed: Heat||X||X||X|
|No Man's Sky||X||X||X|
|Paladins: Champions of the Realm||X||X||X||X|
|Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid||X||X||X||X|
|Super Mega Baseball 2||X||X||X||X|
|World of Warships: Legends||X||X|
|World War Z||X||X|
- Brawlhalla: Full crossplay default
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Requires Activision Account. To invite a friend, enter your friend’s Activision ID
- Call of Duty: Warzone: Requires Activision Account. To invite a friend, enter your friend’s Activision ID
- Dauntless: Requires an Epic account. It is crossplay by default. Dauntless also supports Cross save under the Gameplay tab.
- Fantasy Strike: Full crossplay default
- Fortnite: Requires an Epic account and link it to whatever platform (Xbox Live, PSN, Nintendo, iOS/Android) you are playing. You must add your friends on Epic account. Certain restrictions on matchmaking.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition: Full Crossplay on all Bedrock Editions. Java editions are not able to play with Bedrock Edition.
- Need for Speed: Heat: Crossplay enable/disable will appear on the screen when you first start the game.
- No Man’s Sky: Players can crossplay by adding their player’s code.
- Paladins: Champions of the Realm: Full crossplay default
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid: Full crossplay default
- Realm Royale: Full crossplay Default
- Roblox: Need account creation
- Rocket League: Default crossplay. No restrictions on matchmaking. To make sure crossplay check under 1. Menu 2. Options 3.Gameplay 4. Cross-Platform Play.
- Smite: Full crossplay default
- Super Mega Baseball 2: Crossplay Pennant Race
- War Thunder: Full crossplay default
- World of Warships: Legends Available for PC, Xbox One, and PS4 but only Xbox One and PS4 are able to crossplay due to PC version different contents and mechanics.
- World War Z: Available for PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Currently, you can only crossplay between PC and Xbox One. It is also limited due to the fact you can’t add friends from another platform. You must queue on the same matchmaking settings and pray to RNGjesus that you join the same game.
Playing crossplay games are an affordable way to connect with your friends even over a distance. Many streamers can also grow communities playing cross-platform games or party games. These allow people to enjoy spending time together and have fun.